The Romanian Society of Child and Adolescent Neurology and Psychiatry RSCANP
(Societatea de Neurologie si Psihiatrie a Copilului si Adolescentului din Romania) was founded on 30th of January 1990, aiming to organize professional and scientifical activities of specialists and trainees in child and adolescent psychiatry, psychotherapy and child and adolescent neurology, as well as associated professionals : psychologists, social workers, speech therapists, ergotherapists, rehabilitation therapists, kinetotherapists – involved in prevention , assistance, education and rehabilitation of children with neuro-psychiatric disorders from Romania.
The fundamental mission of this professional – scientifical, non-political association is to innitiate, promote and protect the assistance, research and training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology.
SNPCAR objectives are
- To promote child and adolescent mental health by
- sustained and competent spreading of evidence-based research results in child developmental psychology and psychopathology, as well as the main risk factors in family, school and society;
- supplying of available research results to political decision actors – Ministry of Health, Education and Research – to design coherent mental health programs in schools.
- developing professional orientation services for children and adolescents with neuropsychiatrical disorders
- screening for children and adolescents at risk for neuropsychical disorders (from the bio-psychological or socio-familial perspective)
- preparing of scientifically based proposals for Ministry of Health to promote effective and efficient mental health programmes (with short time and long time goals)
- To improve the psychiatrical and neurological care of child and adolescent according to current international standards
- To develop, update and refine the training in child and adolescent psychiatry and neurology, according to international standards
- To develop research activities for an evidence -based development in the field
- To promote exchanges and own studies as a base for the development of the assistance in our activity domains
- To establish contacts and exchanges between romanian and foreign units, hospitals, universities, research centers
- To defend the right of free expression of our members oppinions and of our official point of view
- To promote publishing of research results, monographies, handbooks, conference annals, valuable translations and reviews
- To honour the outstanding activity in field of child and adolescent psychiatry, neurology, psychology and allied professions by according titles and diplomas at the SNPCAR Conferences. Three annual diplomas are accorded to medical trainees active in SNPCAR
- To participate in local, national and international professional programs and projects